Saying Goodbye to Bryant, Joy for the Journey

Some thoughts on the road of healing after the loss of my 14 year old son by suicide

My Photo
Name:

Wife... Mother... Lover of Jesus... Freedom Writer!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Rainy Days and Mondays

It was a rainy Monday today. I remember being a kid and totally relating to the line in the song made popular by the Carpenters, " Rainy days and Mondays always get me down." I used to really hate the rain. And Mondays.

It's been twenty-four weeks. One hundred sixty eight days to the day.

I've come to appreciate the rain. And Mondays aren't so bad anymore either. Twenty four weeks ago tonight I don't think I believed I would live to see another day. But I have. I think I've said it before, every Monday gets a little better, even a rainy Monday like today.

Today I took my little ones to Tot Time at the library and we had a great time. I did laundry and a bit of surface cleaning throughout the house. I made breakfast, lunch and dinner. ( This is a major accomplishment since I don't really like to cook.) And I was able to check quite a few things off my to do list. It was a productive rainy Monday.

I just have to keep saying it. I love the Lord. Twenty four weeks ago "He heard my cry and pitied every groan. As long as I live, and troubles rise, I hasten to His Throne."



"My soul finds rest in God alone... " Psalm 62:1

3 Comments:

Blogger rena said...

You seem to be getting a new perspective on alot of things. God is good and faithful. It's raining here today...but I have always loved the rain.
Have a blessed Thursday

20 September, 2006 18:28  
Blogger Elaine said...

10/03/06
Sharmayn: Just want you to know that the Lord brought you to my mind today and I am praying for you and your whole family. I notice you haven't posted in a while. May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and give you HIS PEACE (that passes ALL understanding!). Elaine in Demopolis

03 October, 2006 20:14  
Blogger Elle*Bee said...

I'm coming out of lurking to let you know that I miss your posts and that as the holiday time approaches, you and yours are in my prayers.

03 December, 2006 21:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home